Summer Kids Activities in Washington, DC
Looking for fun things to do with kids in Washington, DC this summer? Alexandria Volkswagen has you covered. Check out some of the most exciting upcoming summer camps, free things to do, and kids museums in our area.
Kids Activities in Washington, DC: Summer Camp
Summer is a time of exciting day camps and once-in-a-lifetime opportunities! Plan an adventure you’ll never forget with our selection of upcoming summer events in Washington, DC:
- Great Garden Adventure Summer Camp – The Tudor Place garden hosts a week-long day camp for children ages 4-6, from August 5 to August 9. The kids will relish the chance to make brightly-colored crafts and get their hands dirty planting flowers.
- Artful Afternoons with the Smithsonian – Kids from kindergarten to third grade will love the Smithsonian Early Enrichment Center’s Artful Afternoons, which will take place on June 23, July 21, and August 11. On each summer weekend, kids will be able to move between four themed crafting stations, and younger siblings are welcome, too!
- Roller Coasters and Minecraft Engineering – From June 17 – June 21, or June 24 – June 28, kids from 3rd to 8th Grade can join The Renaissance Children’s Place for a chance to build and study roller coasters in everyone’s favorite 3D sandbox video game.
- Super Girls Camp at the Hill Center – At this summer camp, girls from ages 5 and up will have the chance to create their own superheroine while learning about empowerment and creativity. The camp will run from June 17 to June 21.
Free Things to Do in Washington, DC with Kids
Summer camps can be a lot of fun, but they’re not the only way to break free of the everyday! Here are a few of our favorite free places to take the kids when we’re out and about in DC:
- Smithsonian National Zoo – With popular giant pandas, tons of other exhibits, and fun things to almost every day, the free Smithsonian National Zoo is a must-see.
- Concerts on the West Lawn – There’s nothing like live music on a summer night! The kids will be able to relax and play in the grass while you enjoy a stunning performance on the U.S. Capitol’s West Lawn.
- Enjoy a Free Tour at the Hirschhorn Museum – Introduce the kids to contemporary art and sculpture at the Hirschhorn Museum. Their event calendar shows free tours and other events happening almost every day!
Washington, DC Museums for Kids
The National Museum of Natural History and the National Air and Space Museum are certainly big draws for families, but they’re not the only Washington, DC kids museums that we’d love to highlight for our neighbors. Here are a few others that feature hands-on activities and excitement:
- The Children’s Garden at the U.S. Botanic Garden
- The Washington, DC Newseum
- International Spy Museum
Find More Things to Do in Washington, DC with Alexandria Volkswagen
If you’re exploring summer kids activities in Washington, DC, you might also want to check out the best brunch in Arlington, VA or the best parks in Annandale! No matter how you spend your day, your neighbors at Alexandria Volkswagen would love to hear from you.
Contact us today if you know of any fun things to do in Washington, DC with kids that you’d like to share with your neighbors!
Learn More with Alexandria Volkswagen
Looking for fun things to do with kids in Washington, DC this summer? Alexandria Volkswagen has you covered. Check out some of the most exciting upcoming summer camps, free things to do, and kids museums in our area. Contact Us Kids Activities in Washington, DC: Summer Camp Summer is a time of exciting day camps and…
If you’re searching for things to do in Alexandria, you have plenty of options. From the many historic sites to modern wonders, the city has plenty to offer visitors. But if you’re looking to connect the old and the new, your best bet is to explore some of the options on our list of the…
If you’re looking for the best in-between breakfast and lunch places near Arlington, VA, you’re in luck. That’s because there are plenty of restaurants in town, providing you with many options to choose the best brunch in Arlington, VA. Plus, some of your favorite local restaurants will surprise you with their impressive brunch menus. No…
While many people visit Old Town Alexandria to enjoy the waterfront, shop at our many boutiques, or admire our historic architecture, another main attraction is our impressive variety of great restaurants. There’s an abundant variety of restaurants in Alexandria, VA from unique French spots like Bastille to the rustic American Virtue Feed & Grain. There…